In Rehearsals-Planner, your team is organized by roles.
A role is defined by a role name and a list of persons acting in this role.
There are two types of roles: Characters and offstage roles.
Example for Characters:
- Romeo: Alfredo Seibert
- Juliet: Sarah O’Brien
Example for offstage roles:
- Director: Ron Brien
- Set-Designer: Cole Lean, Brit Sage
The Team View
The team view has four different view-modes:
- Characters: display and edit character roles.
- Offstage roles: display and edit offstage-roles.
- Performers: display all persons casted to chatacters and allow to edit their contact information.
- Crew: display all persons casted to offstage-roles and edit their contact information
Note: on the ‘Performers’ and ‘Crew’ mode, you can not add or remove any members of your team. This is done via role definition in the ‘Characters’ and ‘Offstage roles’ modes.
Adding characters and offstage roles
The fast way:
Note for iPad users: fast-adding is only available in the list-view. Before proceeding, switch from grid-view to list-view (if necessary) by tapping the list-view button [ ].
- Tap on the text field at the very end of the characters or offstage-roles list.
- Enter the character name, followed by a colon and the actors name, for example:
Hermia: Bella Bringham
- Tap the ‘Done’ button on the virtual keyboard to add the character and the cast.
The slow way:
- Tap the ‘Add’ button at the top right corder of the screen.
The ‘New Character’ or ‘New Offstage Role’ view will appear.
- Enter the character’s (or offstage-role’s) name.
- Enter one or more persons casting the character or offstage role.
- Tap the ‘Save’ button to finish.
Sorting and order
Characters and offstage roles
You can display Characters and offstage roles using either
- alphabetical order
- order of appearance
For offstage roles the order of appearance is irrelevant, but characters are listed in the script-outline and in the rehearsal-plan using the order of appearance.
To change the order of appearance
- Tap the ‘Order’ button at the top right corner of the screen.
- If ‘Order of appearance’ is not chosen yet, choose it and tap the ‘Order’ button again.
- Tap the ‘Edit’ button.
- Use the row-handles to drag the character-rows and reorder them as you see fit.
- Tap the ‘Done’ button at the top right corner of the screen.